Choosing the right senior living community is not a small decision. Below we’ve answered some of the most frequently asked questions we receive about Jacaranda Trace. No matter where you are in your search, we’re here to help. And if you have more specific questions — Contact us!
What types of questions do you have?
Who owns and operates Jacaranda Trace?
Convivial Life is the solid underpinning of our community. Convivial is a Florida not-for-profit mission-driven organization governed by an accomplished volunteer board of trustees dedicated to creating vibrant senior living communities throughout Florida and enhancing the lives of those we serve—our residents, staff, and local communities.
What is Convivial’s mission?
Convivial is exempt from federal income taxes as a 501(c)(3) organization for the purpose of owning and operating a system of continuing care communities, health care, and other supportive services for senior adults. We cherish creating long-lasting relationships with members, associates, their families, and our fellow neighbors as we make a meaningful impact in the local community and around the globe.
Does Convivial – Jacaranda Trace have shareholders?
No. As a not-for-profit organization, Convivial has no shareholders and no part of the net earnings of Convivial or its affiliates may inure to the individual benefit of any trustee, officer, or other individual, except that reasonable compensation paid for services rendered in carrying out one or more of Convivial’s purposes. Convivial uses its governing policies and legal advisors to assure compliance in managing best practices in its not-for-profit mission.
How is Jacaranda Trace professionally managed?
The President & CEO of LifeStar reports directly to Convivial’s Board under a professional services agreement to oversee the ongoing operations of the community, including marketing and sales, legal and regulatory compliance, accounting and financial reporting, employee-employer matters, preparing Board-approved annual budgets and interim projections, directing capital projects, employing the personnel of the community, organizing, reconciling, and managing the company’s records, serving as registered agent and owner’s representative, facilitating deposits and procuring the payment for the ongoing obligations and liabilities of Convivial, working with the Board’s third-party auditor to prepare fiscal year audits and ensure internal controls are monitored and improved at each community, and securing qualified and competitive insurances for the community and operations.
Is Convivial committed to financial transparency with its members?
Convivial maintains financial transparency with its stakeholders, including members and staff at the community. Quarterly meetings are held at the community to discuss the ongoing fiscal operations and organizational plans, including master plans for the community.
Do I have to be affiliated with a specific religious denomination to live at Jacaranda Trace?
While Convivial is a support organization to New International, Inc., a global not-for-profit Christian missionary agency, we love to enjoy life and honor residents and employees of all faiths and backgrounds. We do not require anyone to be of a specific religious affiliation to live or work at Jacaranda Trace.
What amenities are available at Jacaranda Trace?
- Stunningly beautiful 33-acre residential campus to enjoy Florida’s outdoors such as:
- Marked walking paths with safe paved sidewalks and roads
- Sitting areas around ponds for nature watching
- Gardening areas
- Cadbury Commons to enjoy both indoor and outdoor amenities including:
- Multiple dining venues with bar and private dining rooms
- Large auditorium for arts, theater, movies, celebrations, and events
- Art studio and craft rooms
- Card and game rooms, including ping pong, cornhole, and billiards
- Book, magazine, and media library with business center
- Enrichment center for lectures and learning opportunities
- Multiple purpose and board rooms for resident meetings
- Wellness clinic for visiting medical and health specialists
- Outpatient rehabilitation and therapy gym
- Outdoor pool, spa, and sunbathing deck
- Beauty salon and barber shop
- Woodworking shop
What is the lifestyle like at Jacaranda Trace?
Jacaranda Trace offers enrichment, and multiple dining venues, with wellness and other supportive services to enjoy life, and make staying active and independent as easy (and fun) as can be.. There is no need to leave the campus to enjoy a day filled with rewarding activities and experiences. But when you do, you are surrounded by the best of Florida’s Gulf Coast with beaches, shopping, theatre, restaurants, tennis, golf, and so much more.
What is there to do within the community?
One of the most prized benefits of living at Jacaranda Trace is our opportunities to enjoy active living in a friendly and social setting that naturally generates a sense of a caring community. The Arts and Leisure program works with our members to coordinate a variety of fun-filled and engaging activities and events. Professional entertainment is regularly scheduled in our spacious auditorium. Our resident-led Travel Club arranges exciting trips and cruises. Plus, our ever-changing events calendar features new and enticing experiences each month.
How does the dining plan work?
Your monthly fee includes a standard dining allowance equivalent to 21 meals, per member, per month, with your choice of lunch or dinner in our multiple dining venues featuring a fresh and distinct selection of entrees and other culinary favorites. Our venues include:
- The Magnolia Restaurant
- The Grill
- The Hibiscus Room
- Take-out & Delivery Service
Additionally, we offer complimentary Continental Breakfast Monday – Saturday.
Do you offer special menu options for food allergies and other dietary restrictions?
We can accommodate for most food allergies and dietary restrictions. However, we always encourage members to meet regularly with our executive chef and nutritionist to review ordering preferences from our menus so you can maintain an appealing and social dining experience with us.
What type of security can I count on?
The safety and security of our members are a top priority. That’s why we offer:
- Gated entrance with after-hours access control
- Member Check-In Daily Assurance Service
- Urgent Response System, including wearable technology
- 24-Hour monitoring of Safety Assurance System
- 24-Hour access to staff
- 24-Hour onsite medically trained staff
- Emergency power plan and response to Florida weather
Health & Wellness
What if I have long-term care insurance for my future healthcare needs?
Life at Jacaranda Trace pairs well with long-term care insurance plans. While plans vary greatly, they can be a complementary addition to membership-exclusive savings. Because no two policies are alike, it is always a good idea to consult with us about your insurance where we can help identify the best way to optimize your savings and peace of mind.
What health and wellness features are there?
Our health and wellness program is top-notch. We have a commitment to member’s health and wellness using a team of professionals and offices right on our campus, including:
- Medical Clinic and Concierge Physician Services
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Center
- Laboratory Services
- Priority Access to Onsite Healthcare
- ClubCare, our home care and companion services
- Signature Wellness Program, a tailored plan for your ongoing support as you live at Jacaranda Trace
- Health (Nurse) Navigator – The most comprehensive program of its kind, providing advocacy, assessments, recommendations, and assistance.
Can I keep my regular doctors?
You certainly can. We even offer transportation to scheduled appointments. In addition, Jacaranda Trace offers primary care services in your home and other regular visiting specialists such as a podiatrist and massage therapist. Also, our onsite rehabilitation services offer on-campus Medicare outpatient therapy when ordered by your physician. Our Member Services can assist you in scheduling your wellness needs.
What happens if I need a higher level of care and there isn’t an available onsite healthcare unit?
Our team is always anticipating and navigating the needs of our members, especially when they may experience a foreseen or unforeseen health or medical event requiring short- or long-term care support. Much of our planning is done in advance with you and your loved ones to ensure accommodation is available, per your agreement with us. Depending on your needs, we will assist you every step of the way, including if you need interim support from our ClubCare program in your home.
What type of residences do you offer at Jacaranda Trace?
We offer a broad selection of spacious, well-designed residences, from stylish apartments to free-standing villas. View our floor plans to find a residence to suit your style!
What appliances are included?
All of our spacious, modern kitchens come complete with a refrigerator, stove, oven, dishwasher, and microwave, also included is a washer and dryer.
What happens when I travel?
Our members find living at Jacaranda Trace freeing! Our maintenance-free homes mean the freedom to get up and go whenever you want. We provide security and maintenance while you are off enjoying yourself, as well as extended leave of absence credit if you are away for 14 or more consecutive days.
Are pets allowed?
Absolutely! Your four-legged family members are welcome. There are a few guidelines for the benefit of all members. Contact us for more details
Will I own my apartment or villa?
No. You will enter into a Life Lease Agreement requiring a one-time, upfront fee and ongoing monthly member fee based on the residence you select and refund plan that best suits your lifestyle and financial goals.
What is the upfront fee?
Living at Jacaranda Trace eliminates the cost of ownership like traditional real estate. Residents choose a home at Jacaranda Trace with a membership plan that gives exclusive membership to our community, paying an upfront fee and ongoing monthly fee to cover a variety of services and lifestyle benefits. We offer multiple plans, including refundable options, allowing flexibility for your budget and estate planning with your financial advisors.
What does the monthly membership fee include?
Our monthly fee covers the following:
- Choice of beautifully designed apartment or villa home
- Maintenance and replacement plan of furnished kitchen appliances and laundry equipment
- All utilities (except telephone), real estate taxes, and commercial insurances
- 24/7 onsite security with urgent response, routine patrols of buildings and grounds, and central monitoring of all life safety systems, including smoke alarms, fire sprinkler, and elevators
- Monthly dining allowance, per member, equivalent to 21 meals in our multiple dining venues featuring lunch and dinner options created by professional culinarians
- Bi-weekly housekeeping and linen services
- Preventative maintenance of your home, including routine HVAC cleaning and filter change by professional HVAC technicians
- Scheduled transportation to shopping and events, plus personal and medical transportation
- Full-time arts and leisure staff, fitness coach, and concierge services
- Signature Wellness Program, including care coordination, planning and wellness support
- Preferred access with member savings to our onsite healthcare and any other healthcare added to Jacaranda Trace’s campus in future
Will there ever be an increase in my monthly fee?
We pride ourselves in being good stewards of the resources entrusted to us and want to provide you peace of mind in predicting future price increases in your monthly fee. Factors affecting adjustments include labor, utilities, raw food, materials and supplies, insurances, real estate taxes, and contract services to maintain the quality of our facilities and your residence. Over the past decade in the career of our professional manager, the annual increase has ranged between 2%-4%.
What happens if I run out of money?
One of the most important aspects of our not-for-profit mission is to serve our members for life, including if they should outlive their financial resources at no fault of their own. Every member is expected to maintain the appropriate assets and income necessary to meet future obligations. However, if economic hardship should occur, we will follow the Board’s policy to identify ways to assist you financially. Restrictions may apply.